Start Date: 2/6/2018 10:00 AM CST
End Date: 2/6/2018 12:00 PM CST
Roseanne Bell of Bellwether Design and ABPM
Center Construction & Renovation
(CCC) Virtual Webinar
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (CST)
At some point in their career, many briefing professionals are tasked with managing or otherwise coordinating a construction project. This course explains how to prepare for the project, define requirements and budget, assemble the team, and write an RFP and/or an RFQ. It also explains the design and construction process, and how to bring the project to a successful conclusion.
Who Should Attend
Any briefing professional who may be, or who is currently, involved in a center construction or renovation project.
• The Big Picture – Define, Organize, Fund
• Execute: The design and construction process – what to expect: who does what and in what order; what are the deliverables?
- Define your project: goals, requirements, challenges, limitations, etc.
- Organize: Define internal and external team roles. RFP and RFQ – what they are, how to write them, what to emphasize, what to expect. Team organization.
- Working with your facilities and/or real estate teams – know what to expect and how to respond.
- Funding: How much do you need? How do you get it?
• Moving in: installing and testing equipment and software; installing furniture.
- Architectural Design and engineering
• Post-occupancy follow up: What’s missing? What would you like to change? What if something breaks or doesn’t function properly? Setting up a plan to handle revisions and glitches.
Virtual Workshop Fee: The price for this virtual workshop registration is $349 for members, $495 for non-members (briefing professionals or employees of Supplier Member companies only - vendors must be recommended Supplier Members to attend ABPM events). During registration, you can pay with credit card (ABPM accepts Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover) or you can create an invoice to submit to your AP department.
- Sample RFQ and RFP
- Project schedule, budget, team organization chart
- List of project phases
- Sample construction documents
- Glossary of terms
- ABPM Core Competency Course (CCC) Credit
Payment & Cancellation Policy: Registration fee must be paid by Monday February 5, 2018. You are registered at the time you receive a conference confirmation email from ABPM. Due to commitments to the instructor regarding class minimums, we regret that we are unable to issue refunds/credits or void outstanding invoices for cancellations received after Wednesday January 26, 2018. However, substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellation and substitution notices must be received via email to email@example.com.