ABPM conferences are excellent professional development venues. And with so many ideas being shared, so much creativity being generated, and so many connections being made, attendees will inevitably leave energized and ready to implement new initiatives that will take their programs to the next level.
Monday, March 20
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm: Opening General Session
- In their welcoming comments, ABPM President Roxanne McCreery and ABPM COO Elizabeth Simpson will explore the meaning of the conference theme within the context of the ABPM community, because the words “World Class” have a very particular meaning in the ABPM.
- Keynote: What could be more perfect for this year’s keynote than a World Class marathoner? During his running career, Dick Beardsley was ranked as one of the top five marathoners in the world. He won some of the world’s most prestigious races. He ran world record holders into the ground. He knows the simple truths of what it takes to be World Class, which by definition is “the best that can be”. The same principles that apply in sports apply, as well, in life and business. In his talk, Dick will explore what it takes to be a World Class marathoner, weaving in powerful and poignant stories about his own personal journey, and relating them to our own aspirations to attain a World Class level of excellence in our Briefing Programs, and in our lives.
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm: Supplier Celebration Reception
- Enjoy food and refreshment while you get to know the ABPM supplier members who add so much value to the briefing profession. Whether you're in the market for products and services now, or whether you want to collect collaterals for future reference, this celebration of the ABPM supplier members is designed to meet your information needs! During the "Solution Revolution" briefing professionals will collaborate with Suppliers to solve their top challenges and become eligible for prizes in the process! See a Supplier Celebration map and a list of this year's "Solution Revolution" prizes here.
Tuesday, March 21
8:00 am - 5:00 pm Tour Day
- Back by popular demand, we will offer three tracks: A Traditional Briefing Program track, an Experiential track, and an ABPM Leadership track. Attendees will choose one track. If they choose a Traditional Briefing Program tracks, they will choose either IBM Watson & Verizon or Microsoft & Steelcase. The Experiential track will visit the Edward Kennedy Institute and Fenway Park. Those choosing the ABPM Leadership track will spend the day with ABPM leadership with content customized for their needs based on a pre-conference survey. Assignments will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. Tour day descriptions are avaiable here.
5:30 Free Night - The Westin Copley Place is in a great area of Boston with easy access to nearby shopping and dining.
Wednesday, March 22
8:30 - 5:00 pm Breakout Sessions
- You'll choose from six sessions during each of four, 1 1/2 hour time slots. Detailed session descriptions are available in the downloadable agenda . Attendees will not sign up for Wednesday breakout sessions; they are first come, first served. We do plan on providing plenty of seating in each session room, however to ensure you get to attend the sessions you wish, we suggest you review the agenda prior to arrival to plan your own agenda and arrive at each session in plenty of time to find a seat. We will also provide a private url to attendees with downloadable conference presentations (if provided by presenter) so you can review both if two or more sessions that you wish to attend are scheduled in the same time slot. Presenters are also usually happy to speak with you about their topics during breaks or meals. Attending with team members? Make sure to attend different sessions to gather as much information as possible.
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm: Awards Program and Gala Dinner
We are excited to be at the iconic Harvard Club for the 16th annual World Class Briefing Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner. The Harvard Club drips with history and echos elegance and sophistication. Founded in 1908 with the aim of "giving effective expression to the Harvard Spirit," this club has done that and more. You will find yourself within an intellectual atmosphere that inspires all that experience it.
Need more justification as you work to get approval to attend?
In addition to the conference brochure, show your management some quotes from attendees and ratings from the Spring 2016 evaluations.
Lodging: The Westin Copley Place located at 10 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02116, is the primary location of the 2017 ABPM Spring Conference. The ABPM room block is now sold out. If you wish to be added to the wait list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired check-in and check-out dates. Meanwhile, please make a backup reservation at a nearby hotel. We suggest doing a search on a site like Expedia or Orbitz based on the Westin's address to find the nearest and best alternative option.
Conference Fee: The price for Spring Conference registration is $995 for members, $1245 for non-members (briefing professionals or employees of Supplier Member companies only - vendors must be recommended Supplier Members to attend ABPM events). Four Discount: Plan to register 4 or more attendees from one company? Email email@example.com to receive a 10% off discount code to use during the registration process. All prices are Early Bird prices. After February 17, the member rate will increase to $1145 and the non-member rate will increase to $1395. During registration, you can pay with credit card (ABPM accepts Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover) or you can create an invoice to submit to your AP department.
New Membership/Registration Bundle Deal: Receive the first year of membership free with non-member rate conference registration! This offer is only available to those who have never been ABPM members.
Transportation and Parking: The Westin Copley Place is approximately 6 miles and a 20-25 minute drive from Logan International Airport. Taxi service is recommended. The cost is $25-45 plus tip one way from Logan International Airport depending on tax and tolls. Valet Parking at the hotel is $54 overnight.
Dress: All activities are business casual with the exception of the Gala Awards Dinner which is cocktail. Layering during conference sessions is recommended.
Payment & Cancellation Policy: To receive the Early Bird Rate, registration fee must be paid by Friday February 17, 2017. Registration fees must be paid prior to Friday, March 17, 2017. You are registered at the time you receive a conference confirmation email from ABPM. Due to commitments for catering and transportation, we regret that we are unable to issue refunds/credits or void outstanding invoices for cancellations received after Friday, February 24, 2017. However, substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellation and substitution notices must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.