Start Date: 4/9/2018 10:00 AM PST
End Date: 4/11/2018 7:00 PM PST
Venue Name: Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
5101 Great America Parkway
ABPM conferences are excellent professional development venues. And with so many ideas being shared, so much creativity being generated, and so many connections being made, attendees will inevitably leave energized and ready to implement new initiatives that will take their programs to the next level.
Monday, April 9
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm: Opening General Session
- ABPM President Roxanne McCreery and COO Elizabeth Simpson will kick off the conference by sharing their thoughts on the conference theme “Waves of Change: Oceans of Opportunity" and how it relates to their observations about current trends in the briefing profession.
- Keynote: Serious Shift: The Great Leap Forward. Dennis Moseley-Williams believes that your only unique competitive advantage is the exceptional experience you can create for your clients. In his keynote on the Serious Shift Forward, he will show that transition begins with changing – or shifting – one’s attitudes and expectations in order to deliver client experiences that are consistent, memorable and meaningful. He will address the obstacle of resistance to change, positing that hurdles are not a lack of preparation, the difficulty of the project, the state of the marketplace or a lack of knowledge. The real hurdle is resistance. He will explore ways to overcome that resistance, so that your program is poised to make The Great Leap Forward, converting inspiration and innovation into implementation.
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm: Supplier Celebration Reception
- Enjoy food and refreshment during this heavy hors d'oeuvres reception while you get to know the ABPM supplier members who add so much value to the briefing profession. Whether you're in the market for products and services now, or whether you want to collect collaterals for future reference, this celebration of the ABPM supplier members is designed to meet your information needs! During the "Solution Revolution" briefing professionals will collaborate with Suppliers to solve their top challenges and become eligible for prizes in the process! Click here to see a Supplier Celebration map and a list of this year's "Hang Ten" game prizes.
Tuesday, April 10
8:30 - 5:00 pm Breakout Sessions
- You'll choose from six sessions during each of four, 1 1/2 hour time slots. Detailed session descriptions are available in this downloadable preliminary agenda. Attendees will not sign up for Tuesday breakout sessions; they are first come, first served. We do plan on providing plenty of seating in each session room, however to ensure you get to attend the sessions you wish, we suggest you review the agenda prior to arrival to plan your own agenda and arrive at each session in plenty of time to find a seat. We will also provide a private url to attendees with downloadable conference presentations (if provided by presenter) so you can review both if two or more sessions that you wish to attend are scheduled in the same time slot. Presenters are also usually happy to speak with you about their topics during breaks or meals. Attending with team members? Make sure to attend different sessions to gather as much information as possible.
5:30 Free Night
Wednesday, April 11
9:00 am - 3:00 pm Tour Day
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm: Awards Program and Gala Dinner
Need more justification as you work to get approval to attend?
- We are excited to be at The Corinthian Ballroom for the 17th annual World Class Briefing Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner. Originally built in 1924 as a Scottish Rite Temple, the builders created an evocative, iconic and richly appointed building that has many levels, many surprising touches and elicits an “ahh” reaction from all who enter its imposing interior. After many years serving the Masonic Order, the building was converted into a movie theater. The large movie screen at one end of the ballroom still rivals many theaters in the area. We'll enjoy a reception in this dramatic space followed by the awards program, dinner, dancing, and access to exhibits.
In addition to the conference brochure, show your management some quotes from attendees and ratings from the Spring 2017 evaluations.
Lodging: The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara located at 5101 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, California, 95054, is the primary location of the 2018 ABPM Spring Conference. Reserve a room in the ABPM Block at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara via this link. The $250 plus tax ABPM room block rate is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is based on availability. Once all rooms at the conference rate are booked, regular rates will be charged. Book early!
Conference Fee: The price for Spring Conference registration is $995 for members, $1245 for non-members (briefing professionals or employees of Supplier Member companies only - vendors must be recommended Supplier Members to attend ABPM events). Four Plus Discount: Plan to register 4 or more attendees from one company? Email email@example.com to receive a 10% off discount code to use during the registration process. All prices are Early Bird prices. After February 23, the member rate will increase to $1145 and the non-member rate will increase to $1395. During registration, you can pay with credit card (ABPM accepts Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover) or you can create an invoice to submit to your AP department.
New Membership/Registration Bundle Deal: Receive the first year of membership free with non-member rate conference registration! This offer is only available to those who have never been ABPM members.
Suggested Airport and Parking: The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara is approximately 6 miles and a 10-15 minute drive from San Jose International Airport. Valet parking at the hotel is $20 overnight and $10 during the day. Complimentary parking in the garage located behind the hotel on the first floor is also offered for all guests to use.
Dress: All activities are business casual with the exception of the Gala Awards Dinner which is cocktail. Layering during conference sessions is recommended.
Payment & Cancellation Policy: To receive the Early Bird Rate, registration fee must be paid by Friday February 23, 2018. All other registration fees must be paid prior to Friday, April 6, 2018. You are registered at the time you receive a conference confirmation email from ABPM. Due to commitments for catering and transportation, we regret that we are unable to issue refunds/credits or void outstanding invoices for cancellations received after Friday, March 16, 2018. However, substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellation and substitution notices must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.