CCC: Center Construction & Renovation Outline
At some point in their career, many briefing professionals are tasked with managing or otherwise coordinating a construction project. This course explains how to prepare for the project, define requirements and budget, assemble the team, and write an RFP and/or an RFQ. It also explains the design and construction process, and how to bring the project to a successful conclusion.
Who Should Attend
Any briefing professional who may be, or who is currently, involved in a center construction or renovation project.
- The Big Picture – Define, Organize, Fund
o Define your project: goals, requirements, challenges, limitations, etc.
o Organize: Define internal and external team roles. RFP and RFQ – what they are, how to write them, what to emphasize, what to expect. Team organization.
o Working with your facilities and/or real estate teams – know what to expect and how to respond.
o Funding: How much do you need? How do you get it?
- Execute: The design and construction process – what to expect: who does what and in what order; what are the deliverables?
o Architectural Design and engineering
- Moving in: installing and testing equipment and software; installing furniture.
- Post-occupancy follow up: What’s missing? What would you like to change? What if something breaks or doesn’t function properly? Setting up a plan to handle revisions and glitches.
- Sample RFQ and RFP, project schedule, budget, team organization chart, list of project phases, sample construction documents, glossary of terms
- ABPM Core Competency Course (CCC) Credit