2020 ABPM Fall Workshop Series
"Workshopping the Challenges of the Moment"
Virtual Conference - October 19-22, 2020
Download the Fall Workshop Series Agenda here
2019 Fall Workshop Series Evaluation
Statistics & Quotes available here
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our virtual venue for a highly interactive 2020 Fall Workshop Series. This year, ABPM’s Virtual Fall Workshop Series will blend its normal focus on briefing professional career development with an emphasis on working together to elevate virtual briefings and solve the challenges related to them. And because our virtual venue will allow you to watch recordings of the workshops you don’t attend live, you’ll have the unique opportunity to achieve credit for up to 10 Core or Advanced Curriculum Workshops! The live workshops will be held from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Central Time daily with networking opportunities from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Central Time to accommodate as many member time zones across the globe as possible. A detailed agenda for the event is available here.
This year we'll be focused on workshopping the challenges of the moment. For this year only you'll have the opportunity to:
Friday, October 16, 10am CT
Monday, October 19, 10 am - 2pm CT
- Virtual Conference Orientation
- Attend two live general session panels - one focused on "Elevating Virtual Briefings" and the other on "Reopening Centers"
- A Live Sponsor Showcase will offer an opportunity to talk with vetted ABPM Sponsors as well as hear case studies and see demos. See Demo and Case Study Times as well as a list of prizes here. Visit a Sponsor booth for more than 5 minutes to be entered into that Sponsor's prize drawing. Prizes will be drawn live in the Coffee Break on the final day of the conference.
Tuesday, October 20-Thursday, October 22, 10am-1pm CT
- Receive credit for up to 10 Core or Advanced Curriculum Courses. 10 of the 12 Workshops offered are eligible for CCC or ACC credit. You'll choose three workshops where you'll participate live and receive credit upon full participation in the workshop. Then, starting October 26th through November 30th, you'll have the opportunity to receive credit for up to seven more CCC/ACC workshops by viewing the recordings of the workshops and passing a quiz.
- The Core and Advanced Competency Curriculum are the foundation of the ABPM's Fall Workshop Series and will continue to be this year. However, this year, ABPM will offer Curriculum topics through the lens of the large shift the community has made to offer virtual briefings. Courses will be less focused on teaching standard course outlines, and more focused on sharing among participants and workshopping current challenges together. All those who fully participate live in the workshops will receive CCC or ACC credit once the workshop is complete. Workshop descriptions are available in the downloadable agenda here. The ABPM maintains records of completion (members can monitor their records via their online profiles). Once you’ve completed any competency course, the ABPM will apply credit to your ABPM profile. A digital certificate of completion can be provided upon request.
- Each day will end with a chance to visit The Coffee Shop for Networking and Exchanging Ideas. Digital tables in the shop will be marked with topics of high interest, geographical regions, or a hang out corner. Click on a table to enter the Zoom room of your choosing. Topics and regions by day will be listed in the preliminary conference agenda.
- Up to four Center Tours will be available in the Center Gallery. We are excited to offer our second Center Gallery Virtual Tour room featuring four member briefing centers - most in areas of the world that ABPM conferences typically don’t get to. New this conference: Join your Center Gallery hosts, live, during two coffee breaks. Two centers will be featured during the coffee break on the 20th and two others will be featured on the 21st. During these networking sessions, they’ll answer your questions and share more about their programs including what they are doing during the COVID crisis. Check back in late September to see participating centers.
A detailed agenda is available here
Conference Fee: The price for Fall Workshop Series registration has been reduced in the virtual environment to $845 for members and $1095 for non-members (briefing professionals or Supplier Members only - vendors must be recommended Supplier Members to attend ABPM events). These prices are Early Bird rates and will increase to $995 and $1245 respectively after Friday, September 25th. ABPM accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Check, or Wire Transfer. If you have a credit from the previous conference, please email email@example.com before registering for instructions regarding how to apply your credit to registration.
Multiple Registrant Discount: To receive the discount code for 10% off each registration fee when four (4) or more people from the same company will attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Membership/Registration Bundle Deal: Receive the first year of membership free with non-member rate conference registration! This offer is only available to those who have never been ABPM members. Main Supplier members do not qualify for this offer, however additional employees from a current Supplier Member company are eligible.
Dress: All activities are business casual. Layered clothing is recommended while in hotel meeting rooms. ;)
Payment and Cancellation Policy: To receive the Early Bird Rate, registration fee must be paid by Friday, September 25, 2020. You are registered at the time you receive a conference confirmation email from ABPM. Due to a plan to send conference login credentials to registrants approximately one week prior to the conference start date, we regret that we are unable to issue refunds/credits or void outstanding invoices for cancellations received after Friday, October 2, 2020. However, substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellation and substitution notices must be received via email to email@example.com. To assure admittance, registration fees must be paid prior to Thursday, October 8, 2020.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 214-389-0994. We look forward to seeing you in October!