Briefing Program Manager
The Executive Briefing Program Manager has overall responsibility for the Executive Briefing Program and will be the focal point for enhancing the existing Briefing Program with dynamic customer experiences, leading-edge technology, professionally produced content, and substantially increased event frequency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Deliver a world-class customer experience. Qualify briefing requests with sales leadership, strategically plan events, coordinate all tactical components of briefings (administrative/logistical/hospitality), and participate in the execution of briefings (In-Person / Virtual / Hybrid). Develop quality content for executive briefings. Facilitate post-event and ROI reporting. – Compile, analyze and manage reporting of all significant metrics for the center, including usage statistics, and trends, evaluation scores, internal and external customer feedback. Facilitate the marketing, planning, management, and measurement of the Executive Briefing Program; including facilitation of actual client briefings. Work directly with customers, sales, marketing, administrative services, consulting, and executive leadership to strategically plan, schedule, and execute executive briefings. Work with internal program stakeholders and create internal communications to market briefing center programs to increase awareness and provide valuable communications to the company for event plans and communication. Manage financial aspects including forecasting, budget tracking, and purchase requisitions/orders. Develop synergy between multiple briefing programs. Work with Talent Development to develop and oversee briefing training programs for internal staff, client directors, and presenters. Strong understanding and knowledge of company partner ecosystem, solutions, and services. Understanding of Sales process/cycles. Strong customer service experience. Perform other duties and special projects as assigned. Manage day to day operations of the center including some administrative tasks. Technology-centric program experience preferred.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and revise processes and procedures in support of the program’s overall objectives
• Create, drive, and oversee effective scheduling policies for briefings
• Support corporate sales objectives by providing a professional solutions demonstration and meeting environment in which to conduct briefings
• Develop template agendas for specific industries, solutions, and AHEAD practice areas
• Train and develop Briefing Program staff (as required)
• Facilitate briefings as needed: open briefing, facilitate introductions, validate objectives, introduce discussion leaders, debrief between topics, note action items and recap, close briefing
• Oversee maintenance of Briefing program intranet website
• Manage digital Briefing Management System
• Actively participate in industry associations
• Work with Lab Program to ensure current demos and solution content
Briefing Program Manager
|Posting Start Date:
· Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or university in Business, Communications or a related field of study or five or more years of related experience (in addition to the experience requirements below) required.
· 5 years or more of internal/external events management and briefing center experience.
· Past success in strategic planning, marketing, and execution of EBC management, executive briefings, sales meetings, trade shows, internal company-wide meetings and promotional events.
· Display a professional appearance and manner.
· Ability to conduct business at an executive level.
· Availability to work flexible work schedule as needed.
· Knowledge of CRM Tools; Salesforce.com and BriefingSource experience highly valuable.
· Ability to multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced environment with limited support.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills required.
· Strong coordination and problem-solving skills required.
· Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion required.
· Ability to understand information technology concepts and industry as well as AHEAD’s value proposition required.
· Successful experience conducting meetings and briefings with meeting tools required.
· Effectively handles difficult, potentially confrontational issues; diffuses conflict and /or resolves problem situations.
· Ability to operate equipment or tools, specifically audiovisual technology, and presentation software required.
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency with internet navigation and MS Office Suite, required.
||This listing expires on: 11/10/2021