Executive Briefing Consultant
Your innovation. Our impact
. At Anthem, Inc.
, it’s a powerful combination and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies.
Location: Indianapolis, IN - 220 Virginia Avenue Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
The ecosystem of Anthem Experiences delivers cutting-edge, high-touch experiences that demonstrate Anthem’s value proposition and purpose for improving the health of humanity. The Executive Briefing Coordinator is responsible for supporting The Anthem Experience virtual and physical facility in Indianapolis, ensuring our National, Large Group, Broker and Consultant guests have a flawless, memorable, and perception-shifting visit.
The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, has superb presentation, facilitation, and demonstration skills, and possesses the ability to inspire and influence others. The Executive Briefing Coordinator is highly skilled at synthesizing Anthem’s broad menu of products and solutions into simple, cohesive narratives that demonstrate Anthem’s mission to improve lives and communities and to simplify healthcare. This role is adept at diffusing conflict and/or resolve problems creatively, in real-time while facilitating the experience center tours and corporate/executive client engagements.
The Executive Briefing Coordinator
facilitates client briefing and experience journeys onsite and in our virtual environment and acts as consultant and coach to account managers and discussion leaders participating in the briefing experience journeys. Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a consultant to account managers to help define briefing objectives and create purpose-driven agendas and recommend appropriate experiences, content, and media based on client and account team goals and needs
- Facilitating strategy sessions with account teams, marketing, and other areas of the company to create customized, client curated briefings
- Preparing, coaching, and providing feedback to discussion leaders on how to deliver meaningful and impactful messages during the briefing experience
- Populating and maintaining briefing content management system (CMS) to reflect client customization needs prior to each briefing
- Consulting with and coaching account managers and discussion leaders on criteria and best practices to ensure a successful briefing experience journey
- Conducting follow-up review after each briefing, gathering account manager and customer feedback, identifying post-briefing opportunities, report on conclusions and suggestions.
- Facilitating Briefings: Open briefing, facilitate introductions, validate objectives, introduce discussion leaders, debrief between topics, note action items and recap, close briefing
- Evaluating the briefing throughout the briefing experience journey and adeptly intervene to keep the conversations on track with client and account team objectives
Capturing key Voice of the Customer feedback for input to corporate business intelligence systems.
Executive Briefing Consultant
|Posting Start Date:
Requires BA/BS degree, 5 years’ experience; or any combination of education and experience which will provide an equivalent background. Certified Meeting Professional Designation preferred.
Must have Skills and Knowledge
Demonstrate proven track record in ability to:
- Customer service excellence, sales, or marketing
- Experience hosting corporate/executive client engagements.
- Strong attention to detail, and an appropriate sense of urgency, prioritization, and tenacity.
- Experience balancing multiple high-priority programs
- Must have experience successfully navigating complex organizations and effectively coordinating work among a broad range of colleagues, consultants, and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people over whom you have little or no authority
Ability to quickly learn and stay abreast of:
- Prioritize & manage multiple tasks
- Work independently w/ minimal supervision
- Pivot with last-minute changes and deadlines
- Demonstrate grace under pressure
- Healthcare industry knowledge
- Healthcare industry trends
||This listing expires on: 1/30/2022