Manager, Global Executive Engagement
Rockwell Automation is a $6+ billion dollar worldwide brand. We are growing, evolving and leading the way through the next industrial revolution – one that will combine the imagination of people with the power of machines to create, solve and improve across the globe.
Do you want to be on the leading edge of global marketing transformation? Are you excited to use your event marketing experience and be an agent of change? Rockwell Automation is looking for a seasoned Event Marketing professional to lead the transformation of our executive experiences and Customer Experience Centers and support the development of the global center of excellence for event marketing.
The Manager, Global Executive Engagements is focused on the strategy, design and execution of high-quality executive and customer engagements. This role will be a team lead to develop the Global Customer Experience Strategy and will manage the day-to-day operations of the Customer Experience Centers in Milwaukee and Cleveland. Additionally, this role is responsible for the strategy and execution of omni-channel event marketing campaigns and activities targeting executive audiences.
The ideal candidate will have a background in executive events and customer experience centers as well as a comprehensive understanding of effective integration with sales, brand, marketing communications, demand marketing, and event marketing technology. The ideal candidate will bring executive-level maturity and be a strong communicator who can skillfully liaise between our executive leadership team, sales, and marketing.
Executive Event Strategy & Execution
- Support the Director as an experienced strategist to:
- Develop executive event-level strategies that align to industry, regional, and campaign objectives.
- Design executive event campaigns that extend the impact of the overall event beyond the days of the in-person live event.
- Create engaging and unique event experiences that leverage the appropriate event format (in-person, virtual, hybrid)
Customer Experience Centers (Customer Briefing Program)
- Lead the execution of Rockwell Automation’s executive events with event design, plan development, execution, measurement, and post-event engagement in alignment with business objectives. Events may include: Hospitality events, Executive Roundtables, C-suite retreats, etc.
- Lead matrixed team to execute all aspects of assigned events including pre-planning, onsite execution and post-event wrap up. Coordinate project plans and timelines, content development/collection, attendee acquisition, registration/housing, food and beverage, audio/visual, VIP management, off-site events, website, social media, partner sponsorships, sales enablement, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Omni-Channel Demand Partners in Global Marketing Technology, Global Demand Operations, Global Digital and Agency partners to effectively implement event technologies associated to registration/housing, content management, virtual event platforms, mobile apps, attendee networking, and lead management.
- Partner with strategic sourcing to gather competitive proposals and negotiate event expenses to maintain value and drive cost efficiencies. Establish and manage vendor and venue agreements. Evaluate vendor performance on an ongoing basis and proactively address issues and opportunities.
- Work with Marketing and Agency partners to develop event creative look and feel and ensure assets follow brand and style guidelines. Oversee production and delivery of creative assets.
- Assist with additional event execution activities as assigned.
- Manage event budgets, including expense, revenue, and chargebacks of $5M+.
- Support the Director as an experienced strategist to develop the Global Customer Experience Strategy.
- Serve as a customer experience center / customer briefing program advisor and strategist, working directly with executive management as well as sales and marketing leadership.
- Manage all aspects of the Milwaukee and Cleveland Customer Experience Centers.
- Oversee development of customer briefing agendas and facilitate experiences that connect customers with executive leaders, technical subject matter expert for strategic, 1:1 outcome-based discussions
- Be responsible for all aspects of the Center operations and related customer experience including managing local teams responsible for daily operations logistics, hospitality and relationships with external/internal vendors (catering, real estate, etc.)
- Create mechanisms and drive efficiencies to deliver briefings at scale.
- Improve and develop standard operating procedures.
- Identity opportunity to continually raise the bar for stakeholders and drive process improvements.
- Network and actively participate in industry related associations.
- Manage Customer Experience Center budgets, including expense, revenue, and chargebacks of $5M+.
- Develop trusted relationships and communicate with executive management, marketing, sales, and product/technical experts to delivery best-in-class experiences that ensure the success of customer visits and events.
- Cultivate productive relationships, built rapport, and provide indirect leadership to a team of global employees, contractors, and vendors across the organization.
- Manage a team of direct reports, as required.
Manager, Global Executive Engagement
|Posting Start Date:
- Leadership – must be able to lead a team through indirect influence, giving clear and concise direction in accordance with high ethical standards
- Collaboration and Teamwork – work in a team environment, both in the planning and execution stages to flawlessly execute events
- Influencing and Energizing Others – this high energy position requires influencing people internal and external to Rockwell Automation
- Project Management – must have the ability to manage multiple events and activities, while maintaining stringent detail-orientation
- Innovation – this position needs to understand new innovations that will help drive highly memorable events and customer experiences
- Business and Financial Knowledge – needs to be fiscally responsible and work within a budget for all events. Must be able to interface with external vendors regarding business transactions.
- BA, or equivalent, preferably in marketing, communications, or business, with experience in event marketing. An MBA or advanced degree in business management or marketing is desirable.
- Desirable certifications/affiliations: Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Certified Special Event Professional (CSEP)
- Ability to do 40% Travel
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. No sponsorship is being offered with this role.
- 6+ years direct of professional, non-internship, work experience in event management, event marketing, and/or customer experience center leadership roles
- Demonstrable history of defining event strategy and executional excellence
- Experience working on C-suite events
- Experience creating best-in-class event experiences – in-person, virtual and hybrid audiences
- Experience in partnering with sales teams and familiarity with sales processes
- Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services preferred.
- Strategic thinker who can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute on those plans
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Ability to manage time and deliver on multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables on time.
- Ability to articulate ideas, make cross-functional connections, and communicate thoughts in both oral and written formats
- Strong leadership skills – proven track record of leading cross-functional teams with indirect authority
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills to resolve situations in a professional and calm demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time for site visits and events
||This listing expires on: 6/11/2022