Events & Experience (Santa Clara, CA)
Dear trailblazers, forward-thinkers, and doers - We want you. DataStax is the open, multi-cloud stack for modern data apps. DataStax gives enterprises the freedom of choice, simplicity, and true cloud economics to deploy massive data, delivered via APIs, powering rich interactions on multi-cloud, open source and Kubernetes. We subscribe to a set of principles that guide how we collaboratively work together. We inspire each other with our values, obsessing over users and enterprises, taking action and focusing on results, innovating in technology, products, and everything we do, and defining success as the team winning. We foster a diverse working environment that is respectful, generates new ideas, promotes ownership, and encourages highly motivated individuals to shape tomorrow. These form the foundation of DataStax's culture and help drive our decisions.
This position is onsite at our Santa Clara Office. This role is responsible for the management and delivery of world-class employee events, meetings and customer briefings. Because this role is highly visible and involves interactions with prospects, customers, partners, and vendors, this individual must demonstrate an elevated level of professionalism on a daily basis
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Manages the execution of all aspects of events to include planning, day to day coordination and exit strategies.
- Manages the execution of all aspects of Executive Meetings in the Executive Briefing Center to include planning, day to day coordination and exit strategies.
- Coordinate all aspects of briefing activity with internal and external clients.
- Develop processes and procedures for event, meeting and Executive Briefing scheduling, requests and management.
- Designs and implements global office experiences in partnership with the global experience team for monthly events, celebrations and activities and executes in partnership with the onsite experience teams in each of our global offices.
- Serves as meeting planning advocate and liaison to all operational departments.
- Assists with coordination of all convention group plans and catering needs with all required operational departments.
- Verifies on-site delivery of products and services according to plans resulting in a positive meeting/event experience.
- Utilizes software for generation of necessary program documents to include but not limited to pass on reports, Event Orders, post event report and change logs.
- Advises clients on current status of events and functions, including items pending and action items. Coordinates any changes necessary.
- Maintains program knowledge by attending planning meetings, conference calls, reviewing meeting requests and event agendas/plans prior to group arrival. Ensure all details are in place.
- Partners with the travel and onsite experience coordinator to verify issues are identified and resolved.
- Attends planning visits, welcome receptions, tie-down meetings, any internal meetings related to security, parking or production.
- Resolves potential meeting or room set issues proactively.
- Utilizes available resources to meet client requests or resolve client issues.
- Verifies that room requirements such as lighting, temperature, AV equipment, and room set meet client expectations.
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to team Coach, EBP and any other critical team member.
- Responds to and handles meeting problems and complaints.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the people experience.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Working with external vendors and internal partners to produce event materials
- This position requires on-site presence and may require evening and weekend working hours.
Events & Experience (Santa Clara, CA)
||Santa Clara, CA
|Posting Start Date:
- Adaptability- Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams- Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships- Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Corporate Event Planning- The ability to connect with customers, detail events, manage multiple customers at a given time, be detail oriented, understand and have a working knowledge of catering and event management systems.
- Event Services- Have a working knowledge of standards and procedures.
If this motivates you, we'd love to hear from you! Would you like to join our team?
||This listing expires on: 12/19/2022