Briefing Program Manager
This is a contract position reporting to the Senior Manager for the VMware Briefing Program. This position drives the planning and execution of world-class customer/partner briefings that drive increased sales and strengthened customer/partner relationships. This position may also include operational projects.
This role is highly visible and requires the skill and business etiquette to interact with VMware’s sales, executive, partner, and customer leadership teams. The position is onsite in Palo Alto. Possible work from home on occasion but that will be based on the need of the business.
Responsible for the end-to-end management of individualized customer/partner briefings and events (online, hybrid, and F2F) which include the following elements:
Responsible for various VMware Discovery Center operational duties including:
- Lead the planning process with Account Teams to determine briefing objectives and sales opportunity.
- Develop briefing agendas through consultation. This requires creativity, high-level knowledge of VMware products and solutions and a good grasp of the selling process.
- Source speakers. Leveraging a strong understanding of who presents on what, to whom, and how well, identify and source the best speakers for your audience, account, opportunity and sales/customer objectives.
- Lead detailed speaker pre-brief calls
- Recommend additional VBC offerings as appropriate (demos, customer references, etc.,)
- Facilitate briefings
- Manage Customer Experience Portal
- Summarize the “Voice of the Customer” session
- Summarize and close-out briefing with Account Team and post notes on follow up
- Support during other VMware events
- Back-up for Briefing Program Managers
- Various projects as needed
Briefing Program Manager
||Palo Alto, CA
|Posting Start Date:
||Required Skills & Capabilities:
- Agility. Ability to develop contingency plans to accommodate last minute changes or urgent requests.
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment and support the goals of the department, organization and company.
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills and willingness to handle administrative aspects of the position.
- Superb written and oral communication.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership and smart problem-solving skills with a solid understanding of the operational requirements of a briefing program.
- Ability to influence and collaborate.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment. Quick decision-making ability.
- Ability to grasp basic virtualization and software technology principles
- Ability to learn new software tools quickly
- Comfortable with technology (audio visual equipment, collaboration tools, various video conferencing platforms)
- Strong Microsoft Office365 Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Slack)
- Ability to work with varying personalities and work styles
- Must be comfortable returning to office
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7+ years professional experience preferably in software marketing, sales or business development
- 3-5 years of Executive Briefing, Customer Programs, or similar experience
- BriefingSource experience a plus
||This listing expires on: 11/13/2023