The Komatsu Cartersville Customer Center (CCC) is the main training and customer center for Komatsu North America serving more than 12,000 visitors per year – customers, dealer employees and internal Komatsu staff. The Event Specialist will be vital to executing and delivering a world class experience for our stakeholders. This position will collaborate across multiple business units to bring the Komatsu brand to life within our facility.
Responsible for the daily event operations of the Cartersville Customer Center (CCC) which includes:
- Schedule, organize and plan requested events with internal and external partners.
- Hosts, coordinates, and plans up to 70 customer equipment demonstrations and assists other business units and stakeholders with engagements hosted at CCC. Pre-planning conference meetings with event and customer demonstration stakeholders to develop custom agendas and provide a world class experience on site.
- Maintains and documents all event and program planning, policies, procedures, practices to ensure brand standards, quality control and sustainability. Develops follow-up processes/surveys for customer retention and repeat visitors to CCC. Completes thorough analysis with recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Organizes and coordinates all aspects of an event including budgeting, contract negotiation, agenda/subject matter expert scheduling and alignment, event communications, etc. Provides event executive report with final outcomes including event statistics, budget and survey results.
Program promotion and marketing/training support
- Promote and market the Komatsu Cartersville Customer Center (CCC) to internal departments and external Komatsu distributors as a location to host exclusive events and programs via newsletter, email communications, webinars, etc.
- Work closely with management on the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and special projects as it relates to the CCC such as but not limited to Demo Days, new product introduction (NPI) programs for customers, distributors, and sales regions to promote the sales of products and solutions
Cartersville Customer Center Komatsu Store
- Manages physical store inventory, merchandising and tracking with guidance from Manager, Customer Experience. Collaborate with Marketing Communications on orders, design process and seasonal/event-based merchandise.
- Supports and oversees when requested, off-site events to ensure the targeted levels of execution. May represent Komatsu at local or special events and activities. Participates in the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) events for CCC. Support Komatsu Academy learning events and hosted webinars. Other duties and responsibilities as needed
|Posting Start Date:
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred in public relations, event/hospitality management, marketing, or business equivalent relevant work experience.
- Prior experience (at least 4 years of relevant experience) with event coordination/management, promotions, corporate events, public relations or marketing. Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface and listen to the needs of internal employees, distributors, customers, vendors and suppliers.
- Strong presentation, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and possess critical thinking skills especially under pressure
- Ability to evaluate programs based on value to program participants and industry standards.
- Must have the ability to manage projects and plan accordingly for each event.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and ability to learn other systems such as event planning software tools.
- Ability to develop Cartersville capacity cost budgets and assist with contract negotiation, and financial reports.
- Must be detailed-oriented and have excellent follow up skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate commitment and support for all CCC events.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening hours and weekends when needed. Must be able to exercise the freedom needed or required to address all unplanned responsibilities that arise.
- Ability to understand the needs of the CCC customers (distributors, end users and internal employees) and to commits to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and dedication to, the vision of Cartersville Customer Center and Komatsu Academy. Ability to work in a performance-driven and results-oriented environment.
- Must be able to apply the seven principles of the KOMATSU Way to their everyday work activities where applicable.
- Must be able to travel when required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
||This listing expires on: 3/20/2024